NOTE: As of 7.2.11 I only plan on making and selling one more mask. The price will be upwards of $80. My life's getting busier and I don't have as much time as I used to, so until further notice, only one mask will be made and sold.
Fiberglass, paper mache, clay, belt, pop rivets, backed/regular felt, oil-based paint, water-based finish, Velcro.
1. Sculpt clay base
2. Lay paper mache barrier
3. Fiberglass (6 layers, 1/4")
4. Take off of clay, remove paper mache
5. Paint (3 layers)
6. Measure belt, then rivet.
7. Paint (additional layer for scratches during riveting)
8. Finish (water-based semi-gloss)
9. Line mask with backed felt
10. Lay in Velcro and regular felt[link]
(link to simple picture)
If you would like to get more information, send a note to me with the subject as 'mask' and I'll put it in a special file just for you
I updated the picture, I've made some tiny changes to the mask. The original can be found here: [link]
Shy Guys belong to Nintendo.